Monday, October 1, 2012

31 Days: Day One: Getting Ready to be Less Stressed


Hello, hello!  Welcome to my 31 day series!



Here is a list of the whole series:

                                       Day 9:  Craft Supplies Organized:  A Little Stress Relief
    Day 10:  Blessed By Stress


I am psyched to pull together ideas to help you (and me) on many areas of our homes and lives that cause us too much stress!  I have a line-up of posts ready for the month of October including topics like:

*Small organizational tips and ideas that make a big difference
*Creative projects that are easy but make your nest beautiful and a little less stressful at the same time
*Establishing habits and routines that make your home run more smoothly and make your brain less frazzled
*How to prepare for the holidays:  decorating, organizing, gift-giving--simplying it all so you can enjoy more and stress less

I truly believe when our surroundings are cluttered visually it makes our minds and spirits feel cluttered as well, like heavy bricks weighing on our souls.  Stress is inevitable for all of us, but it doesn't have to dictate our days, our homes, and our families.  I find you can make little changes of design, organization, and routine in your home that can make a huge difference on how your home feels.  This translates to how your whole family feels.  You feel less stress,  and if you have kids, they benefit, too, because predictability and structure are things that kids need and crave.  Nobody likes a stressed mama.

Join me, every day in October so that we can learn together to minimize this whole stress beast in our homes.  

It is all about living simply and beautifully, learning how to create a Meaningful, Less Stressed Nest.  

See ya tomorrow!

Sharing with:
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Nicky, reading your posts for the next 31 days will be like reading 'Julie and Julia's' blog! I can picture you up at 5:30 a.m. with your coffee, sharing tips and ideas that will help us all. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock Nicky! I can't wait to read all 31 posts! Maybe next year I'll get in on the fun.

    Lori : )
    Thrifty Decor Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have less stress so I'm looking forward to your posts, Nicky. I so agree with you about clutter - it really makes me feel frazzled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are inspirational. I will be reading and goodness knows I can use any tips I can get:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I will definitely be reading along! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...