Saturday, October 20, 2012

Day 20: Starting to Think About the Holidays

Just joining in?  Read the entire series {HERE}.

Whew!  My Post is l-a-t-e!  Been a busy Saturday.  Fun, but busy.

I actually did a little searching on the www today to start thinking about the holidays.  Christmas in particular.  Anyone else done that yet?

I know, I know, it's only October, but I have said every.single. year. that I am NOT procrastinating, stressing, rushing, or worrying during the holidays.  And every single year I do.  I am still out at the stores on Christmas Eve Day aimlessly gift or grocery shopping.   It totally takes away from the enjoyment, beauty, and reason for the season.  I'm taking a different approach this year, my friends!

I thought I'd share a couple links my sis sent to me that I went crazy for!

Here we go..

For great gift ideas that you can make in mass for neighbors, teachers, and the like...
The Fickle Pickle

There are so many cute ideas on just this one post.  Are are do-able, afforable, and can take care of lots of gifts you need to give.

For great new traditions and ideas you can start with your kids or family...

A sweet blog called Workman Family is behind this cute idea.  Wrap items filled with small toys, movies, family fun ideas that the kids open each of the 25 days before Christmas.  Many of the items in this bucket are ones that they already had.  It just adds to the excitement of the season!  You could adapt this to fit your family or traditions.

These are just a couple of the great sites I saw today.  I plan on doing more posts this month and next about how I am going to prepare for the holidays so my booty can stay home  and enjoy my family on December 24!  

Here is what I am going to tackle ahead of time:

Making a master gift list
Making as many gifts as possible--I always say I am going to do this-this year I am!
Nailing down cookie recipes
Shopping online as much as possible
Making or buying multiples of things I find that are affordable 
Organizing my Christmas decorations--this is a biggie!
Simplify, Simplify, Simplify---less is more--figuring out what that means to me and my family

This researching and thinking about the holidays has really gotten me excited to get organized and feel on-top-of-things this year!  I hope I've inspired you to think ahead no matter what holidays you celebrate.









Pin It!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...