Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 15: Making {Little} to do Lists


Just joining in?  Read the entire series {HERE}.

Happy Monday!

Today I wanted to stress (okay, not stress, emphasize is a better word) the importance of making yourself short to-do lists for the day.  If you work outside of the home during the day like I do, my to-do list is what I need to get done in the evening.

The key is:  make it short.  Pick 2 or 3 things that HAVE to be done or that really need done.....not those lofty ideas that you know need done but that can wait.  If I put everything on my to-do list that needed done in my home, the list would be a mile long.  

In the summer I posted about my Message Board that I made...I have one of these in the kitchen and as part of my organization station.  I make a little to-do list on the one on my kitchen counter--the couple things I would like to get accomplished that evening.  If you're a list-maker and love crossing things off, one of these would be perfect for you!  



Having an unending list is unrealistic and only leaves you feeling lousy that you didn't get more done and overwhelmed that there is so much to do.  Don't do that to yourself!  Make is manageable and realistic.  

What 2-3 things do you need to accomplish today?  What can wait?
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...