Saturday, September 15, 2012

Progress in Great Room=Fall-ish Pillows

We have lots still going on here at our house lately...projects that are 80% done, new projects waiting to be started, all the while I'm back at school and the 3 youngest are all in sports.  That is why it is taking us so long to get the other 20% of the projects done.  My hubby also had 2,000 pavers/bricks delivered yesterday.  Hmmm.  Says he's going to build a (huge) patio out back by our little pond he created.  Not sure when that is going to happen, but will be sure to fill you in along the way...

Meanwhile, I recently purchased some amazing fabric at my local Jo Ann's.  Oh how I love fabric.  Print and patterns make me a happy girl.  Since I am super picky when it comes to fabric, I was thrilled to find a new line made by Waverly that is fresh, colorful, and goes with our more rustic great room.  It's a little 70's if you ask me, but I'm okay with that.  I think it looks like the epitome of a fall palette.  Here are my purchases still on the bolts:

I love all three prints, but particularly the blue and the colorful chevron-looking one.   I am a novice sewer, but managed to use pillow forms to create a pile this pile of happiness:

I am loving these prints together!  They go wonderfully with our dark brown furniture and new floors and they are perfect colors for fall!

The only problem with having all of these pillows is our furry friend, Cole, will think he has the right to  sneak one off and out the doggy door for his personal chew toy.  I'm still working on how to prevent that.  Remember my {Pillow Trick} post this summer?   That has worked like a charm, but I tied those pillows with ribbon and there is no way to do that to these new pillows.

I have lots more to show you in our great room this month that we have been working on including our finished floors and trim, the bookcases back up, and some fall decorating.  Have a great weekend!

Linking Up To:
Western Warmth
At the Picket Fence
Pin It!


  1. This is crazy...I have made pillows out of the blue fabric that you have and my name is Nici too. I spell it differently, but just thought that was a fun coincidence;-) I really love all the patterns together. I wanted to get the chevron pattern too, but wanted to make sure that I would actually make the pillows. You can check out mine in my Family Room post. Have a great weekend!

  2. I LOVE the fabric you used! They are all different patterns but go together so well and are perfect for fall!

    I'm dying to see the finished room! I know it's going to be great!

    Lori : )
    Thrifty Decor Mom

  3. Oh man, I LOVE these fabrics. Great choices. Makes me want to get in my car RIGHT NOW and head to JoAnn's :).

    I have my first linky party going on right now too, if you'd care to come link up!
    There are no rules involved :).


  4. Those fabrics are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at our Pinteresting Link Party!

  5. Love the fabric choices. They are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing at our Pinteresting Party!

  6. LOVE those!!! I am wishing I'd got another one now that I see all yours together... we have similar sofas and they look amazing on it!! Way to go!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...