First, StaceyAnne from Rendition Road nominated me a couple days ago. Thank you, StaceyAnne. You made this newbie feel so special!
Stacey's blog Rendition Road features rescued items that she takes from yuck to amazing! I especially love her recent transformation of some old nightstands. StaceyAnne is an expert at taking furniture pieces that most would think of as trash and turning them into amazing pieces that are drool-worthy! If you want to know how to paint, refinish, or beautify furniture, this is the place to go! StaceyAnne has beautiful taste and it shows in everything that she does!
Take a look at her most recent project French Graphic Bedside Tables:
What did I tell you, beautiful, right?
Then Maria Elena from Our Home Away From Home nominated me today! Thank you Maria Elena! Your comments made my day!
Maria Elena has beautiful taste and it shows when you take a peek at her home tour. One picture and I was excited to see the rest of her home:
Is that magazine worthy, or what? I also notice that she takes beautiful photos...you'll want to go over and check her out!
Both of you, StaceyAnne and Maria Elena, thank you, thank you!!!
Now I get to tell you a few things about me....
1. I am a full-time special education teacher. This will be my 16th year of teaching. I currently teach K-2 in an elementary building. Yes, I am patient. And crazy.
2. I have a twin sister named Claudia. She is amazing, 2 inches taller, and I always say could beat me up. :) She apparently stole all of the nutrients from mom when we were in the womb. She also has a blog, yourmilitarystory.com. AND she is also a teacher! I also have other equally beautiful and talented sissies--they are my heroes!
3. I have 4 great kids--1 naughty dog--and 1 amazing husband.
4. I have been decorating and creating my whole life. I have always thought how I could make things myself and am always looking to make things more organized and beautiful.
5. I have an embarrassing collection of shelter magazines. I suppose the issues from 2004 on back can be tossed since in the design world, that is totally outdated. :(
6. This summer I have conquered my fear of sewing..I both have now hand-sewed something and used a sewing machine. Woo Hoo! I also have spray-painted for the first time! I know, I know. Late bloomer.
7. Let's see...last one...I dream of someday renovating an old farm house or lake house with my hubby by of course, a lake, in a quaint little town...and owning my own sweet shop of treasures that I can surrounded by daily.
Now is my chance to nominate some great bloggers! Look at this list of fantastic blogs and make sure you visit them! Their talent is AMAZING!
Not Just a Housewife
Here are the rules for this award: (thanks Maria Elena for letting me steal your rules list!)
3. Include this award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.